About this book
This volume contains a unique selection of chapters covering a wealth of contemporary topics in this ubiquitous and diverse system of cell signaling. It offers much more than the accessibility and authority of a primary text book, exploring topics ranging from the fundamental aspects of calcium signaling to its varied clinical implications. It presents comprehensive discussion of cutting-edge research alongside detailed analysis of critical issues, at the same time as setting out testable hypotheses that point the way to future scientific endeavors. The contributions feature material on theoretical and methodological topics as well as related subjects including mathematical modeling and simulations. They examine calcium signaling in a host of contexts, from mammalian cells to bacteria, fruit fly and zebrafish. With much of interest to newcomers to the field as well as seasoned experts, this new publication is both wide-ranging and authoritative.
The chapter “Calcium Signaling: From Basic to Bedside” is available open access under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License via link.springer.com.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-12457-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-12456-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-12457-1
- Series Print ISSN 0065-2598
- Series Online ISSN 2214-8019
- Buy this book on publisher's site