Table of contents
About this book
Latest research unveiled some new biological concepts, such as a redefinition of plant hormones and their crosstalk, new functional diversity of receptors, evolvement of plants to parasitic life habit, smoke and hormone mirrors, core signaling pathways, and even phloem transport of receptor proteins. Another important aspect of Strigolactones is its developed synthetic chemistry, and the opening of a variety of potential applications in agriculture and medicine.
The book will address teachers, lecturers and (post-) graduate students in biology and agronomy, and will clearly present the role strigolactones play in plant development, in induction of parasitic plant germination, interaction of plants with soil biota and abiotic stress conditions, prospects of strigolactone biochemistry and evolution, and chemical synthesis of natural strigolactones and analogs, and their potential applications. Glossary and synopses that may ease comprehension of the related terms and concepts will also be included.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-12153-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-12152-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-12153-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site