About this book
This book serves as a brief introduction to topological insulator physics and device applications. Particular attention is paid to the indirect exchange interaction mediated by near surface Dirac fermions and the spin texture this interaction favors. Along with useful information on semiconductor material systems, the book provides a theoretical background for most common concepts of TI physics. Readers will benefit from up to date information and methods needed to start working in TI physics, theory, experiment and device applications.
- Discusses inter-spin interaction via massless and massive Dirac excitations;
- Includes coverage of near-surface spin texture of the magnetic atoms as related to their mutual positions as well to their positions with respect to top and bottom surfaces in thin TI film;
- Describes non-RKKY oscillating inter-spin interaction as a signature of the topological state;
- Explains the origin of the giant Rashba interaction at quantum phase transition in TI-conventional semiconductors.
Semiconductor Physics Semiconductor Spintronics Topological Insulator Thin Films Topological States of Matter Electrodynamics of topological phase
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-12053-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-12052-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-12053-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site