About this book
This is the first book to describe the development of and state of the art in solar shading devices in buildings, detailing all methods of evaluating shading systems according to thermal and visual comfort.
The issue of energy balance in buildings is gaining importance as conventional energy sources dwindle and become more expensive. As such, environmental concerns should be considered in overall design decisions.
The book discusses the role sun control “machines” play in controlling solar and thermal radiation. It examines their geometry, their position in relation to glazing and their operation (in the cases of movable systems) to control the heat and light entering a building, as well as how their material and color influence their performance.This book appeals to architects and designers who are interested in efficient energy facade design.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-11617-0
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy Energy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-11616-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-11617-0
- Series Print ISSN 2191-5520
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5539
- Buy this book on publisher's site