Table of contents
About this book
Since nonsmooth optimization problems arise in a diverse range of real-world applications, the potential impact of efficient methods for solving such problems is undeniable. Even solving difficult smooth problems sometimes requires the use of nonsmooth optimization methods, in order to either reduce the problem’s scale or simplify its structure. Accordingly, the field of nonsmooth optimization is an important area of mathematical programming that is based on by now classical concepts of variational analysis and generalized derivatives, and has developed a rich and sophisticated set of mathematical tools at the intersection of theory and practice.
This special issue of ISNM is an outcome of the workshop "Nonsmooth Optimization and its Applications," which was held from May 15 to 19, 2017 at the Hausdorff Center for Mathematics, University of Bonn. The six research articles gathered here focus on recent results that highlight different aspects of nonsmooth and variational analysis, optimization methods, their convergence theory and applications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-11370-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-11369-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-11370-4
- Series Print ISSN 0373-3149
- Series Online ISSN 2296-6072
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors