About this book
Neurotology is a branch of medicine that focuses on diagnosing and treating neurological conditions of the inner ear and related structures. There have been many recent advances in neurotology that have been published in general medicine, otolaryngology and neurology journals. This comprehensive book will aggregate this information to provide a more complete picture of the state of the field and will include the authors’ own clinical experience. There is a recent marked increase in interest in neurotology, manifested by the clinical experiences and research-publication work of otolaryngologists, neurologists, neuro-ophtalmologists, audiologists and physiotherapists. As a result, this will be a completely state-of-the-art work that includes all up-to-date neurophysiological data related to the vestibular system.
It has been estimated that 10% of patients that present at an emergency clinic have vestibular disorders, including vertigo, and these disorders are frequently a cause of falls in elderly patients. On the other hand, many physicians treat their patients with vertigo with vestibular blockers, which treat the symptoms but do not cure the disorders. We feel that it is important to supply a source of information on the vestibular system and balance disorders, and this title will do that in a comprehensive manner.
This title will be an ideal reference for the diagnosis and treatment of vestibular disorders for otolaryngologists, neurologists, neuro-ophtalmologists, audiologists and physiotherapists.
- Book Title The New Neurotology
- Book Subtitle A Comprehensive Clinical Guide
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-11283-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-11282-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-11283-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIX, 228
- Number of Illustrations 26 b/w illustrations, 50 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site