About this book
This book explores different aspects of the regulation of private security contractors working for governments. The author specifically examines the US, identifying the obstacles that have hindered US regulatory outcomes. Theoretical discussions, supported by conceptual analysis of Bourdieu’s Theory of Practice, are applied to analysis based on interviews with current and former employees of key stakeholders. By analyzing the political, bureaucratic, and organizational obstacles to the implementation of consistent and enforceable regulations, Jovana Jezdimirovic Ranito points to creative possibilities for future use of her conceptual framework.
Jovana Jezdimirovic Ranito is Post-Doctoral Fellow at the University of Porto, Portugal. Her work focuses on the intersection of public and private security.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-11241-7
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-11240-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-11241-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences