About this book
This book explores the challenges and opportunities presented by the formulation of a global code of conduct for transnational corporations. It assesses the current state of research on global regulations intended to enhance the social responsibility of transnational corporations, and provides a platform for future research.
In particular the book examines frameworks and instruments for regulating social responsibility, reviews recent developments concerning the proposed UN Code of Conduct on Transnational Corporations, and provides insights into international civil society groups’ movements in pursuit of a code of conduct. In a separate chapter the book discusses theoretical issues in regulating transnational corporations, and investigates their legitimacy and behavioral dynamics. In closing, the book discusses alternatives to a global code of conduct, the impact of sovereign power in the era of globalization, “soft regulations,” and the feasibility and normative efficacy of enforcing regulations.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-10816-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-10815-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-10816-8
- Series Print ISSN 2196-7075
- Series Online ISSN 2196-7083
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking