About this book
This edited volume analyzes national security issues with maritime implications, and, specifically, naval projects and postures of main South Atlantic countries: Brazil, Argentina, Nigeria, and South Africa. Additionally, it provides comprehensive and multi-level analysis of the interplay among national interests in the processes of demarcation of limits of the continental shelf and contention among Uruguay, Chile, Argentina, and the United Kingdom in the Southern Atlantic and the Antarctica. This book will interest scholars, researchers, and students in the fields of Latin American politics, regional studies, foreign and defense policy, and maritime security.
Érico Duarte is Professor at Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
Manuel Correia de Barros is Founder and Deputy Chairman at the Center for Strategic Studies of Angola, Angola.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-10600-3
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-10599-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-10600-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site