About this book
To reduce mathematical complexity, the authors focus on optimization of individual components rather than taking on systems as a whole. They employ numerous case studies: heat exchangers; cooling towers; power generators; refrigeration systems; and others. The importance of these subsystems to real-world situations from internal combustion to air-conditioning is made clear.The thermal systems under discussion are analysed using various metaheuristic techniques, with comparative results for different systems. The inclusion of detailed MATLAB® codes in the text will assist readers—researchers, practitioners or students—to assess these techniques for different real-world systems.
Thermal System Optimization is a useful tool for thermal design researchers and engineers in academia and industry, wishing to perform thermal system identification with properly optimized parameters. It will be of interest for researchers, practitioners and graduate students with backgrounds in mechanical, chemical and power engineering.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-10477-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-10476-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-10477-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site