About this book
This book presents a new and innovative approach for the use of heat pipes and their application in a number of industrial scenarios, including space and nuclear power plants. The book opens by describing the heat pipe and its concept, including sizing, composition and binding energies. It contains mathematical models of high and low temperature pipes along with extensive design and manufacturing models, characteristics and testing programs. A detailed design and safety analysis concludes the book, emphasizing the importance of heat pipe implementation within the main cooling system and within the core of the reactor, making this book a useful resource for students, engineers, and researchers.
- Describes the benefits, uses, and challenges related to heat pipe application;
- Contains case studies and examples to enhance practical application of the presented technologies;
- Presents innovative and unique solutions for safety enhancements.
Binding energies Heat transfer Thermal hydraulic Heat sink manufacturing Neutron diffusion Space reactors Nuclear reactors Fuel management Small modular reactors Fission product buildup
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05882-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-05881-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-05882-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site