About this book
This monograph presents combinatorial and numerical issues on integral quadratic forms as originally obtained in the context of representation theory of algebras and derived categories.
Some of these beautiful results remain practically unknown to students and scholars, and are scattered in papers written between 1970 and the present day. Besides the many classical results, the book also encompasses a few new results and generalizations.
The material presented will appeal to a wide group of researchers (in representation theory of algebras, Lie theory, number theory and graph theory) and, due to its accessible nature and the many exercises provided, also to undergraduate and graduate students with a solid foundation in linear algebra and some familiarity on graph theory.
- Book Title Quadratic Forms
- Book Subtitle Combinatorics and Numerical Results
- Series Title Algebra and Applications
- Series Abbreviated Title Algebra, Applications
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05627-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-05626-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-05627-8
- Series ISSN 1572-5553
- Series E-ISSN 2192-2950
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XX, 220
- Number of Illustrations 111 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Field Theory and Polynomials
- Buy this book on publisher's site