About this book
This edited volume focuses on the South Atlantic regional and national issues with maritime implications: naval policy, security, transnational organized crime, and Europe's legacy and current influence. The work analyzes the positions in favor and against NATO’s extended role in the South Atlantic, the historical and current issues related to the Falklands War, the African national deficits, and initiatives to attend the regional maritime problems. Including contributions from Angolan, Brazilian, Senegalese, and US collaborators, the volume offers eclectic conceptual frameworks, rich historical backgrounds, updated data, original analysis models, and policy recommendations.
Érico Duarte is Professor at Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
Manuel Correia de Barros is Founder and Deputy Chairman at the Center for Strategic Studies of Angola, Angola.
Geopolitics South Atlantic Global South Brazil Naval Policy
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05273-7
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-05272-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-05273-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences