About this book
The book presents isotope-geochemical investigations of the world’s largest reserves of copper, nickel, and platinum-group elements in the Norilsk ore region. Ever since its discovery, generations of geologists have been fascinated by the geology of these deposits, described as a 250 Ma magmatic formation with mafic and ultramafic layered intrusions, disseminated ore and continuous copper-nickel ore bed. The book includes the results of more than 5,000 analyses of eleven isotopic systems, performed at the Russian Research Geological Institute’s Center of Isotopic Research between 2005 and 2014.
The book is intended for specialists in isotope geology, metallogeny, ore geology and students of geology.
isotope data ore deposits metallogeny zircon ages Taimyr Peninsula Norilsk ore
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05216-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-05215-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-05216-4
- Series Print ISSN 2197-9545
- Series Online ISSN 2197-9553
- Buy this book on publisher's site