Table of contents
About this book
After introductory chapters devoted to the safe production and distribution of vaccines, the book addresses the question of adult vaccination in the framework of a life-course approach to vaccination. It presents the proceedings of multidisciplinary expert discussions with an excellent summary of the current state of knowledge on adult vaccination in various diseases, as well as an overview of the professionals involved and the obstacles to achieving greater vaccine uptake, and how these may be addressed.
The book systematically discusses the major vaccine-preventable diseases, as well as regulatory issues in vaccine provision, and presents the results of an expert meeting designed to identify the obstacles to vaccination, and solutions for addressing these barriers. It goes on to extend the discussion beyond the traditional boundaries of human health to encompass the “one health” concept.
The book is intended for all those with an interest in vaccination, including physicians (from a wide range of disciplines including geriatrics/gerontology, infectious diseases, pediatrics, internal medicine, and other non-organ specialties), other healthcare professionals, pharmacists, representatives of the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory bodies (EMEA, national authorities), policymakers, the media and the general public.
Adult immunization Life course vaccinations Vaccine preventable diseases Global vaccine policy Healthy aging
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Adult Vaccinations
- Book Subtitle Changing the Immunization Paradigm
- Series Title Practical Issues in Geriatrics
- Series Abbreviated Title Practical Issues in Geriatrics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05159-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-05158-7
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-05159-4
- Series ISSN 2509-6060
- Series E-ISSN 2509-6079
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 127
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 1 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site