Table of contents
About this book
This book explains the modelling and simulation of thermal power plants, and introduces readers to the equations needed to model a wide range of industrial energy processes. Also featuring a wealth of illustrative, real-world examples, it covers all types of power plants, including nuclear, fossil-fuel, solar and biomass.
The book is based on the authors’ expertise and experience in the theory of power plant modelling and simulation, developed over many years of service with EDF. In more than forty examples, they demonstrate the component elements involved in a broad range of energy production systems, with detailed test cases for each chemical, thermodynamic and thermo-hydraulic model. Each of the test cases includes the following information:
• component description and parameterization data;
• modelling hypotheses and simulation results;
• fundamental equations and correlations, with their validity domains;
• model validation, and in some cases, experimental validation; and• single-phase flow and two-phase flow modelling equations, which cover all water and steam phases.
A practical volume that is intended for a broad readership, from students and researchers, to professional engineers, this book offers the ideal handbook for the modelling and simulation of thermal power plants. It is also a valuable aid in understanding the physical and chemical phenomena that govern the operation of power plants and energy processes.
ThermoHydraulics Physical Models Two-Phase flow modeling Power plant modeling Industrial Energy Processes
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05105-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-05104-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-05105-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site