Table of contents
About this book
This volume explores the continuous line from informal and unrecorded practices all the way up to illegal and criminal practices, performed and reproduced by both individuals and organisations. The authors classify them as alternative, subversive forms of governance performed by marginal (and often invisible) peripheral actors. The volume studies how the informal and the extra-legal unfold transnationally and, in particular, how and why they have been/are being progressively criminalized and integrated into the construction of global and local dangerhoods; how the above-mentioned phenomena are embedded into a post-liberal security order; and whether they shape new states of exception and generate moral panic whose ultimate function is regulatory, disciplinary and one of crafting practices of political ordering.
Abel Polese is Senior Research Fellow at the Institute for International Conflict Resolution and Reconstruction of Dublin City University, Ireland.
Alessandra Russo is Post-Doctoral Researcher at the Centre Emile Durkheim, Sciences Po Bordeaux, France.
Francesco Strazzari is Associate Professor of International Relations at the Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies, Italy, and Adjunct Research Professor at the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs, Norway.
International Political Economy Informality Illegality Legality Morality Grey zones Crime and justice Post-liberal security order Governance Criminalisation Corruption State-society relations Resistance Deviance Extra-legal Infrapolitics
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05039-9
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-05038-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-05039-9
- Series Print ISSN 2662-2483
- Series Online ISSN 2662-2491
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking