Table of contents
About this book
This book is based on over 150 scientific papers about the Dogu’a Tembien district in Ethiopia. To reach a broader public of people interested in geosites and human-environment interactions, the authors here add a geoguide about this mountain district in Ethiopia(13°30’ N, 39°10’ E; upto 2850 m high) which shows a varied lithology.
A large team has carried out research in that district over the past 23 years, including long stays in the areas. Numerous viewpoints and geosites are only accessible on foot; hence the authors prepared the book as a trekking guide, which will enhance sustainable tourism in the same time. This edited work summarises the study results in the international literature into a comprehensive book, which comprises 35 thematic chapters, detailed description of 573 km of trekking routes to access the landscape and the most scenic excursion points, as well as the necessary logistical information. A state-of-the-art trekking map is included as a digital annex.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-04955-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-04954-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-04955-3
- Series Print ISSN 2364-6497
- Series Online ISSN 2364-6500
- Buy this book on publisher's site