About this book
This book develops a novel approach to perturbative quantum field theory: starting with a perturbative formulation of classical field theory, quantization is achieved by means of deformation quantization of the underlying free theory and by applying the principle that as much of the classical structure as possible should be maintained.
The resulting formulation of perturbative quantum field theory is a version of the Epstein-Glaser renormalization that is conceptually clear, mathematically rigorous and pragmatically useful for physicists. The connection to traditional formulations of perturbative quantum field theory is also elaborated on, and the formalism is illustrated in a wealth of examples and exercises.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-04738-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-04737-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-04738-2
- Series Print ISSN 1544-9998
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1846
- Buy this book on publisher's site