About this book
This volume provides an overview of the fundamental concepts and recent advancements in organic farming, a form of agriculture that is increasing rapidly in popularity. Readers will discover information on the history of organic farming, environmental friendly practices and challenges, and innovations in the field.
The chapter authors analyze pertinent aspects of this integrated farming system including strategies to improve seed quality, methods to improve soil fertility, and the advantages of using organic fertilizers. Particular attention is also given to weed management practices, bioenergy production and insights into the ways organic farming can adapt to global climate change and build sustainable food systems for future generations. Scientists, decision-makers, professors, and farmers who wish to work towards making agricultural systems more sustainable will find this book appealing.
sustainability in organic farming organic fertilizers crop rotation biofertilizers pest and disease control integrated weed management weed population dynamics global food security organic agriculture organic livestock farms water recycling biochar
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-04657-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-04656-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-04657-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site