About this book
How can artist-scientist collaboration be of value to science and technology organizations? This innovative book is one of the first to address this question and the emerging field of art-science collaboration through an organizational and managerial lens.
With extensive experience collaborating with and advising institutions to develop artist in residency programs, the author highlights how art-science collaboration is such a powerful opportunity for forward-thinking consultants, managers and institutions. Using real-life examples alongside cutting edge research, this book presents a number of cases where these interactions have fostered creativity and led to heightened innovation and value for organizations. As well as creating a blueprint for successful partnerships it provides insights into the managerial and practical issues when creating art-science programs. Invaluable to scholars and practitioners interested in the potential of art-science collaboration, the reader will be shown how to take an innovative approach to creativity in their organization or research, and the ways in which art-science collaborations can mutually benefit artists, scientists and companies alike.
organizational managerial art-science collaboration art-technology interdisciplinary STEM STEAM the artscientist creativity innovation
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-04549-4
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-04548-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-04549-4
- Series Print ISSN 2662-1266
- Series Online ISSN 2662-1274
- Buy this book on publisher's site