Table of contents
About this book
This edited volume offers an insightful overview of contemporary research on signaling pathways. These signaling processes are the comprehensive mechanisms by which all cellular organisms communicate internally and externally with their microenvironment. The volume is focused on heat shock proteins (HSP), which are uniquely involved in a number of critical signaling pathways.
Errors in signaling pathways and in the processing of cellular information are known to be responsible for the majority of diseases including cancer, inflammatory and neurological disorders. The knowledge gained from better understanding these mechanisms can help in elucidating disease processes and will assist in development and design of novel targeted treatment therapies to combat human diseases and disorders.
Key basic and clinical research laboratories from major universities, academic medical hospitals, biotechnology and pharmaceutical laboratories around the world have contributed chapters that review present research activity and importantly project the field into the future. The book is a must read for graduate students. medical students, basic science researchers and postdoctoral scholars in the fields of Translational Medicine, Clinical Research, Human Physiology, Biotechnology, Cell & Molecular Medicine, Pharmaceutical Scientists and Researchers involved in Drug Discovery.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-03952-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-03951-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-03952-3
- Series Print ISSN 1877-1246
- Series Online ISSN 1877-1254
- Buy this book on publisher's site