About this book
This book provides a detailed description of metal-complex functionalized carbon allotrope forms, including classic (such as graphite), rare (such as M- or T-carbon), and nanoforms (such as carbon nanotubes, nanodiamonds, etc.). Filling a void in the nanotechnology literature, the book presents chapters generalizing the synthesis, structure, properties, and applications of all known carbon allotropes. Metal-complex composites of carbons are described, along with several examples of their preparation and characterization, soluble metal-complex carbon composites, cost-benefit data, metal complexes as precursors of carbon allotropes, and applications. A lab manual on the synthesis and characterization of carbon allotropes and their metal-complex composites is included.
- Provides a complete description of all carbon allotropes, both classic and rare, as well as carbon nanostructures and their metal-complex composites;
- Contains a laboratory manual of experiments on the synthesis and characterization of metal-complex carbon composites;
- Discusses applications in diverse fields, such as catalysis on supporting materials, water treatment, sensors, drug delivery, and devices.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-03505-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-03504-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-03505-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site