About this book
This book is the first of its kind to provide a comprehensive framework for connecting wind farms to weak power grids using High Voltage DC technology. Most onshore wind energy potential is located in areas that are hardly inhabited and the majority of wind energy that is being harnessed by European countries is currently offshore, both sourced from locations that lack the presence of a strong power grid. This book focuses on the many challenges the wind farm industry faces integrating both onshore and offshore wind to ‘weak’ grids using HVDC technology. Through case studies and illustrative examples the author presents a framework for theoretical and mathematical analysis of HVDC technology, its application and successful integration of onshore and offshore wind farms.
- Presents a unified approach for integrating onshore and offshore wind energy to existing AC systems through MTDC grids;
- Includes an extensive treatment of onshore wind farms connected to LCC HVDC systems;
- Provides a comprehensive analysis of offshore wind farms connected to VSC HVDC systems.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-03409-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-03408-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-03409-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site