About this book
This book identifies the challenges faced by large electricity consumers when they use several sources to procure their energy. The huge penetration of distributed energy resources and the intermittent nature of renewables can put the operations of the large electricity consumer at risk. The book discusses the different types of energy sources including the pool market, bilateral contracts, electrical vehicles, energy storage systems, and demand response programs in detail and presents solutions for robust and risk based scheduling. The author provides models for determining and considering uncertainties and optimal bidding strategies. The book is useful to engineers and students involved in the integration of various energy types as well as those working in state and federal governmental organizations who regulate different aspects of electricity market operation and planning.
- Presents solutions for robust and risk based scheduling;
- Discusses the operation and planning of energy storage systems;
- Presents the most-up-to-date technological approaches to energy integration.
Energy procurement Stochastic programming Information gap decision theory Robust optimization approach Large electricity consumer Renewable energy sources Pool markets Demand response programs Energy storage systems distributed energy resources integration of energy types
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-03229-6
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Energy
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-03228-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-03229-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site