About this book
This book offers a historical analysis of the geopolitical and geoeconomic competition between the USA and Russia, which has recently heated up again due to the eastward expansion of NATO. The analysis departs from an exploration of the USA’s foreign policy and geopolitical ambitions by illustrating the influence of Wall Street and the military-industrial complex on the country’s political decision-making.
The historical review covers a wide timespan, from the Second World War and the birth of NATO, to the wars against Iraq and Afghanistan, to the rebellions that erupted in Eurasia, Northern Africa and the Middle East in the 2010’s, as well as the wars in the Ukraine and in Syria. By doing so, it reveals the influence of US neocons, the US intelligence services and the military complex on the Arab Spring, the Color Revolutions and the armed conflicts in Ukraine and Syria. Ultimately, the book depicts a new era of worldwide instability and disorder, dominated by violence and arbitrariness.
Cold War Defense Policy Geopolitical Competition Between the USA and Russia US Foreign Policy Military-industrial Complex Arab Spring US Intelligence Services US Politics Russian Politics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-03204-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-03203-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-03204-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking