Table of contents
About this book
This volume describes the most relevant and cutting-edge technological news on the complex surgical procedure of acoustic neuroma. The clinical-radiological diagnosis and surgical indications are briefly presented and the surgical technique is illustrated step-by-step: video clips show the latest means of treating these patients. All these indications were prepared by highly experienced experts in the field, based on their personal experience.
The new technologies discussed concern e.g. the intraoperative identification and position of the facial nerve, hearing preservation, techniques for dural closure, and the usefulness of laser and ultrasound aspirators. The book also discusses a number of ongoing projects, including those on: diluted papaverine for microvascular protection of cranial nerves, flexible endoscope for IAC control of tumor removal, fluid cement for bone closure, administering aspirin to control residual tumors larger than 7mm, and DTI for preoperative prediction of the position of the facial nerve.
This is a highly informative presented book providing surgeon interested in acoustic neuroma with necessary information on modern technologies available for improving the results of patients.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Advances in Vestibular Schwannoma Microneurosurgery
- Book Subtitle Improving Results with New Technologies
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-03167-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-03166-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-03167-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XI, 174
- Number of Illustrations 6 b/w illustrations, 48 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site