Table of contents
A Psychological Theory for Comprehending Neoliberal Capitalism and Neoliberal Psychology
Neoliberal Capitalism: The Source of Neoliberal Psychology
Neoliberal Psychology: The Subjectivity of Neoliberal Capitalism
Macro Cultural Psychological Theory and Psychological and Cultural Emancipation
About this book
This provocative monograph defines the elusive concept of neoliberal psychology, focusing on its form, content, and cultural contexts and establishing it as a core feature of modern society. Its cross-cultural analysis examines the reality of neoliberal psychology in the globalized world, asserting that neoliberalism influences individuals’ sense of self, identity, and—regardless of country of origin—concept of nationality. Macro cultural psychological theory opens out neoliberal psychology in its most visible aspects, such as work life, sexuality, consumer behavior, and the shared vision of the good life. At the same time, the author identifies profound social inequities and other negative aspects of neoliberal society and discusses how they may be corrected.
Included in the coverage:
- Snapshots of neoliberal society and psychology.
- A psychological theory for comprehending neoliberal psychology.
- Neoliberalism as a cultural, political, economic, ideological system.
- The neoliberal class structure of phenomena.
- Psychological and cultural emancipation, and macro cultural psychological theory.
Since neoliberalism is the dominant social system in today’s world, and because it commands both strong support and strong criticism from diverse interest groups, Neoliberal Psychology will be of general interest to a wide readership. The book’s psychological focus is a new window into neoliberalism that is more accessible than more technical accounts of its economics and politics, and it should appeal especially to social science students and professors.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-02982-1
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-02981-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-02982-1
- Series Print ISSN 1574-0455
- Series Online ISSN 2197-7984
- Buy this book on publisher's site