Table of contents
About this book
This book investigates the potential trade opportunity of climate friendly goods and technology (CFGT) in Asia and South Asia region, and uses a case study of India to clarify India's position on global warming and efforts to mitigate climate change impacts regionally and globally. In four main sections, the book applies econometric techniques to analyze the trade performance of CFGTs in nations in Asia and South Asia, in order to assess trade gaps and map the movement of CFGTs in these regions. The major themes addressed in the book include climate change and trade, issues that shape regional and national policies, and strategies for implementing global climate change mitigation on trade opportunities and developments.
Section 1 introduces readers to some background on global climate change threats and its effects on trade, as well as the need to develop trade for CFGTs. Section 2 assesses the trade performance of CFGTs in Asia, and South Asia, and the competitiveness of CFGT trade. Section 3 uses a regional orientation index to analyze CFGT trade. Section 4 discusses the potential business applications of CFGT trade in the Asia, South Asia region, and uses a case study on India to analyze climate change mitigation effects on trade and policy. The book will be of interest to researchers, students, governments, and policy makers.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-02475-8
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-02474-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-02475-8
- Series Print ISSN 2191-5547
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5555
- Buy this book on publisher's site