About this book
The expanded and updated 2nd edition of this classic text offers the reader a comprehensive introduction to the concepts of logic functions and equations and their applications across computer science. The approach emphasizes a thorough understanding of the fundamental principles as well as numerical and computer-based solution methods.
Updated throughout, some major additions for the 2nd edition include:
- an expanded introductory section on logic equations;
- a new chapter on sets, lattices, and classes of logic functions;
- a new chapter about SAT-problems;
- a new chapter about methods to solve extremely complex problems; and
-an expanded section with new decomposition methods utilizing the Boolean Differential Calculus extended to lattices of logic functions.
The book provides insight into applications across binary arithmetic, coding, complexity, logic design, programming, computer architecture, and artificial intelligence.
Based on the extensive teaching experience of the authors, Logic Functions and Equations is highly recommended for a one- or two-semester course in computer science and related programs. It provides straightforward high-level access to these methods and enables sophisticated applications, elegantly bridging the gap between mathematics and the theoretical foundations of computer science.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-02420-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-02419-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-02420-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site