About this book
This engaging text offers an accessible and clear treatment of the fundamentals of electromagnetics and optics, a core part of the standard undergraduate physics curriculum. Starting with static electric and magnetic fields, the book works through electromagnetic oscillations and the formation and propagation of electromagnetic waves, before moving on to geometric and wave optics, optical instrumentation and some discussion of new technologies in optics. The text is written from the experimental physics point of view, giving numerous real life examples and applications of devices. This highly motivating presentation deepens the knowledge in a very accessible way, carefully interweaving theory and practical applications.
Students are guided through the material with well-chosen examples and case studies, and helpful chapter summaries are provided together with numerous exercises and detailed solutions, all intended to motivate and develop a well-founded understanding of the subject matter.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-02291-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-02289-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-02291-4
- Series Print ISSN 2192-4791
- Series Online ISSN 2192-4805
- Buy this book on publisher's site