Table of contents
About this book
This book covers the design and optimization of hybrid RF-baseband precoding for massive multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO)-enabled cloud radio access networks (RANs), where use cases such as millimeter-wave wireless backhauling, fully-loaded cellular networks are of interest. The suitability and practical implementation of the proposed precoding solutions for the Cloud RAN architecture are also discussed.Novel techniques are examined for RF precoding optimization in combination with nonlinear precoding at baseband, and the superiority of joint RF-baseband design is verified. Moreover, the efficacy of hybrid RF-baseband precoding to combat intercell interference in a multi-cell environment with universal frequency reuse is investigated, which is concluded to be a promising enabler for the dense deployment of base stations.
This book mainly targets researchers and engineers interested in the challenges, optimization, and implementation of massive MIMO precoding in 5G Cloud RAN. Graduate students in electrical engineering and computer science interested in the application of mathematical optimization to model and solve precoding problems in massive MIMO cellular systems will also be interested in this book.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-02158-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-02157-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-02158-0
- Series Print ISSN 2366-1186
- Series Online ISSN 2366-1445
- Buy this book on publisher's site