About this book
This book offers a novel approach to mapping the people and organisations working in EU affairs, allocating much of the volume to a discussion of non-EU institutional representation in Brussels. Complementary to this, a distinct section focuses on those entities situated in EU capitals connected with EU policy dynamics. The intention of the book is to describe each sector within Brussels’ eco-system, including statistics and numbers, but also to have practical examples of organisations that are represented in EU affairs. The second part of the book is dedicated to interviews with relevant influencers from within the Brussels scene. This publication is a working tool for experts in EU affairs, academics and students. It could also be an interesting read for those seeking a job in EU affairs, as well as entrepreneurs, who want to set up a sustainable business.
Dan Luca has worked in Brussels since 1997. In 2001 he began working for EURACTIV Media. Dr. Luca now teaches at several European universities in Brussels and Romania. His lectures mainly focus on EU Stakeholders, EU’s communication policy and the European public sphere.
Brussels EU affairs job private sector corporate NGO consultancies industry media EU federation agriculture energy branding EU policy influence stakeholder Public relations Public affairs skills EU jobs
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-02041-5
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG, part of Springer Nature 2020
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-02040-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-02041-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site