This edited volume is based on the best papers accepted for presentation during the 1st Springer Conference of the Arabian Journal of Geosciences (CAJG-1), Tunisia 2018. This special volume is of interest to all researchers practicing geosphysicists/seismologists, students of PG and UG in the fields of multifaceted Geoscience.
Major applications with relevant illustrations presented in the volume are from Middle East. And therefore, this book no doubt would serve as a reference guide to all geoscientists and students in the broad field of Earth Science.
This volume covers significant applications of gravity and magnetic methods, electrical and electromagnetic methods, refraction and reflection seismic methods besides a large number of study on earthquakes, tectonics and geological settings etc. The salient features of this volume are the interpretation and modeling of geophysical data of different nature.
Main topics include:
1. Applications of gravity and magnetic methods.
2. Electrical and Electromagnetic methods in mineral and groundwater exploration.
3. Case studies on refraction and reflection seismic methods.
4. Integrated geoscience applications in the exploration of subsurface resources.
5. Hydrocarbon and petrophysical studies
6. Earthquakes and seismic hazard assessment.