About this book
This book covers reliability assessment and prediction of new technologies such as next generation networks that use cloud computing, Network Function Virtualization (NVF), Software Defined Network (SDN), Next Generation Transport, Evolving Wireless Systems, Digital VoIP Telephony, and Reliability Testing techniques specific to Next Generation Networks (NGN). This book introduces the technology to the reader first, followed by advanced reliability techniques applicable to both hardware and software reliability analysis. The book covers methodologies that can predict reliability using component failure rates to system level downtimes. The book’s goal is to familiarize the reader with analytical techniques, tools and methods necessary for analyzing very complex networks using very different technologies. The book lets readers quickly learn technologies behind currently evolving NGN and apply advanced Markov modeling and Software Reliability Engineering (SRE) techniques for assessing their operational reliability.
- Covers reliability analysis of advanced networks and provides basic mathematical tools and analysis techniques and methodology for reliability and quality assessment;
- Develops Markov and Software Engineering Models to predict reliability;
- Covers both hardware and software reliability for next generation technologies.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01647-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-01646-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-01647-0
- Series Print ISSN 1860-4862
- Series Online ISSN 1860-4870
- Buy this book on publisher's site