About this book
Given our rapidly changing world, companies are virtually forced to engage in continuous performance monitoring. Though Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) may at times seem to be the real driving force behind social systems, economies and organizations, they can also have far-reaching normative effects, which can modify organizational behavior and influence key decisions – even to the point that organizations themselves tend to become what they measure!
Selecting the right performance indicators is hardly a simple undertaking. This book describes in detail the main characteristics of performance measurement systems and summarizes practical methods for defining KPIs, combining theoretical and practical aspects. These descriptions are supported by a wealth of practical examples. The book is intended for all academics, professionals and consultants involved in the analysis and management of KPIs.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01192-5
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-01191-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-01192-5
- Series Print ISSN 2192-8096
- Series Online ISSN 2192-810X
- Buy this book on publisher's site