Table of contents
About this book
This SpringerBrief investigates and reviews the development and various applications of mobile crowd sensing (MCS). With the miniaturization of sensors and the popularity of smart mobile devices, MCS becomes a promising solution to efficiently collect different types of information, such as traffic conditions, air quality, temperature and more, which is covered in this brief. The features, novelty, and applications of MCS are elaborated in detail in this brief. In addition, the basic knowledge about auction theory and incentive mechanism design is introduced.
Incentive mechanism design plays a key role in the success of MCS. With an efficient incentive mechanism, it is possible to attract enough mobile users to participate in a MCS system, thus enough high quality sensing data can be collected. Two types of incentive mechanisms with different system models are introduced in this brief. One is the reputation-aware incentive mechanism, and another is the social-aware incentive mechanism.
This SpringerBrief covers the significance and the impacts of both reputation and social relationship of smartphone users (SUs) in MCS and presents extensive simulation results to demonstrate the good performance of the proposed incentive mechanisms compared with some existing counterparts.The target audience for this SpringerBrief is researchers and engineers in the area of wireless communication and networking, especially those who are interested in the mobile crowd sensing or incentive mechanism design. Meanwhile, it is also intended as a reference guide for advanced level students in the area of wireless communications and computer networks.
- Book Title Mobile Crowd Sensing: Incentive Mechanism Design
- Series Title SpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Series Abbreviated Title SpringerBriefs in Electrical
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01024-9
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-01023-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-01024-9
- Series ISSN 2191-8112
- Series E-ISSN 2191-8120
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 52
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 16 illustrations in colour
Wireless and Mobile Communication
Communications Engineering, Networks
- Buy this book on publisher's site