Table of contents
About this book
Today, the most pressing challenges for public economics are of macroeconomic nature: pensions, debt, income distribution, and fiscal sustainability. All these problems are compounded by the phenomenon of demographic transition and aging. This graduate textbook addresses these issues with the help of state-of-the-art macroeconomic tools that are based on a sound microfoundation and rooted in empirical evidence. Different from the standard partial-equilibrium analysis in traditional textbooks on public economics, the concept of general equilibrium helps to account for compensating or amplifying side-effects of economic policy.
GAUSS and MATLAB computer code as well as teaching material (slides) are available as downloads from the author's homepage.
Public economics Public finance Financial crisis Government debt crisis Pension policies Public pension system Taxation Income taxation Ramsey model Overlapping generations model OLG models Government consumption Debt Demographic transition
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-00989-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-00987-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-00989-2
- Series Print ISSN 2192-4333
- Series Online ISSN 2192-4341
- Buy this book on publisher's site