Table of contents
About this book
This Brief discusses a unique mechanism to combine historical and archaeological evidence with statistical geodynamic modeling to study the historical development of the Eura region in lower Satakunta, Finland; this region is known for its rich cultural history.
The book presents methods to model post-glacial land uplift and the landscape. By using these coupled data, it is possible to narrow the dating estimates of the archaeologically important places and structures and to build a more detailed reconstruction of landscape evolution in connection with the knowledge about human settlements and their movements. The resulting geospatial and uplift models are included as supplements.
The primary audience for this book is experts and professionals working in the fields of archaeology, geography, geology and geospatial data analysis.
Uplift modelling Archaeology Human settlement Weichselian ice age Statistical modelling Post-glacial Uplift
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-00970-0
- Copyright Information The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-00969-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-00970-0
- Series Print ISSN 2211-4165
- Series Online ISSN 2211-4173
- Buy this book on publisher's site