About this book
Enrich your next sea vacation with this fun how-to guide to observing and doing astrophotography on water. Collecting together the author’s five decades of astrophotography and teaching experience, this book shares all the practical information you will need to start on your own astronomy adventure.
Part I is full of practical advice on what to pack, the best ways to enjoy the night sky from your cruise ship observatory, specific astronomical objects and events to look out for, and myriad other useful tips. Part II gives you a crash course on astrophotography at sea, teaching you the nitty-gritty details of taking pictures of the night sky. Proof that it can be done is provided by the many amazing color astrophotographs taken by the author while following the steps laid out in this book.
skywatching at sea cruise ship astronomy cruise ship astrophotography cruise ship stargazing astronomy cruises stargazing at sea observing the ISS Cruise Ship Observing Shipboard Stargazing on a Cruise Skywatching on a cruise ship Astrophotography at sea
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-00958-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-00957-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-00958-8
- Series Print ISSN 1431-9756
- Series Online ISSN 2197-6562
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors