About this book
This volume is a comprehensive overview of the various methods used in contemporary diplomatic practice. It incorporates the traditional modes of diplomacy and explains how these modes have evolved to deal with a burgeoning international community of state and non-state actors, the information and communications revolution and the changing profile of global conflict. The pursuit of “development diplomacy” is an integral part of the project, with due attention to the fault-lines, microcosms of power-politics and rapid evolution within the society of states that make up the Global South. All chapters are extensively illustrated with recent case examples from across the world.
Yolanda Kemp Spies is Senior Research Fellow at the University of Johannesburg, South Africa.
Global politics development studies Global South Diplomacy South Africa
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-00530-6
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies Political Science and International Studies (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-00529-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-00530-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site