Table of contents
Mathematical Model of Ship Motions in Waves: New Simulation Tools
Mathematical Model of Ship Motions in Waves: Environment
Mathematical Model of Ship Motions in Waves: Consideration of Forces
Mathematical Model of Ship Motions in Waves: Roll Damping
Mathematical Model of Ship Motions in Waves: Damaged Ship
About this book
This book contains a selection of research papers presented at the 11th and 12th International Ship Stability Workshops (Wageningen, 2010 and Washington DC, 2011) and the 11th International Conference on Stability of Ships and Ocean Vehicles (Athens, 2012). The book is directed toward the ship stability community and presents innovative ideas concerning the understanding of the physical nature of stability failures and methodologies for assessing ship stability. Particular interest of the readership is expected in relation with appearance of new and unconventional types of ships; assessment of stability of these ships cannot rely on the existing experience and has to be based on the first principles. As the complexity of the physical processes responsible for stability failure have increasingly made time-domain numerical simulation the main tool for stability assessment, particular emphasis is made on the development an application of such tools.
The included papers have been selected by the editorial committee and have gone through an additional review process, with at least two reviewers allocated for each. Many of the papers have been significantly updated or expanded from their original version, in order to best reflect the state of knowledge concerning stability at the time of the book’s publication.
The book consist of four parts: Mathematical Model of Ship Motions in Waves, Dynamics of Large Motions, Experimental Research and Requirements, Regulations and Operations.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Contemporary Ideas on Ship Stability
- Book Subtitle Risk of Capsizing
Vadim L. Belenky
Kostas J. Spyrou
Frans van Walree
Marcelo Almeida Santos Neves
- Series Title Fluid Mechanics and Its Applications
- Series Abbreviated Title Fluid Mechanics, Appl.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-00516-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-00514-6
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-00516-0
- Series ISSN 0926-5112
- Series E-ISSN 2215-0056
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVIII, 949
- Number of Illustrations 167 b/w illustrations, 378 illustrations in colour
Fluid- and Aerodynamics
Engineering Fluid Dynamics
- Buy this book on publisher's site