About this book
IF YOU THINK YOU ARE SPECIAL, YOU’RE NOT!
If you take a chain, pile it up and then push it, what direction will it go? Nowhere you can predict and not very far. If you take it by the end and pull it, which way will it go? It will follow you.
Leadership is not about what sets you apart from those you lead—it’s about what binds you together. It is not about controlling others—it’s about trusting others. It’s not about your achievements—it’s about unleashing your team’s greatness.
In short, leadership really isn’t about you—it’s about your people.
Take Bob Davids, co-author of this book and successful leader of six businesses in fields as diverse as engineering and winemaking. His achievements often came thanks to being able to refrain from acting when others might have found intervening irresistible. By trusting his employees to be better than him in their area of responsibility and letting them act, Bob unleashed the human greatness that no one else—including employees themselves—suspected.
Yet to lead without acting does not mean doing nothing. It means creating conditions in which things happen by themselves.
Leadership Without Ego is about a transformation of the concept of leadership in the past two decades—a change of beliefs about how best to lead, along with radically different leadership practices. The ideas in this book have already changed the fortunes of hundreds of businesses and the lives of tens of thousands of employees. They can do the same for your business, your people—and you.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-00323-4
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Management Business and Management (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-00322-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-00323-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site