Table of contents
About this book
Mass customization (MC) has been hailed as a successful operations strategy across manufacturing and service industries for the past three decades. However, the wider implications of using MC approaches in the broader industrial and economic environment are not yet clearly understood.
Mass Customization: Engineering and Managing Global Operations presents emerging research on the role of MC and personalization in today’s international operations context. The chapters cover MC in the context of global industrial economics and operations. Moreover, the book discusses MC topics that are relevant to the manufacturing and service sectors, such as:
• product platforms;
• learning curve modeling;
• additive manufacturing; and
• service customization.
Case studies in manufacturing (e.g., apparel and transportation) and services (e.g., banking and virtual worlds) are also included.
Mass Customization: Engineering and Managing Global Operations is a valuable text for mass customization researchers and practitioners. Researchers will find a selection of chapters prepared by internationally renowned authors, comprising most of their recent research in MC. Engineering professionals will be drawn by the vivid discussion of operational aspects and methods of MC, as well as by the selection of cases illustrating their practical application.
The Springer Series in Advanced Manufacturing publishes the best teaching and reference material to support students, educators and practitioners in manufacturing technology and management. This international series includes advanced textbooks, research monographs, edited works and conference proceedings covering all subjects in advanced manufacturing. The series focuses on new topics of interest, new treatments of more traditional areas and coverage of the applications of information and communication technology (ICT) in manufacturing.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Mass Customization
- Book Subtitle Engineering and Managing Global Operations
Flavio S. Fogliatto
Giovani J.C. da Silveira
- Series Title Springer Series in Advanced Manufacturing
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84996-489-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-84996-488-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-7142-3
- eBook ISBN 978-1-84996-489-0
- Series ISSN 1860-5168
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVIII, 378
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Manufacturing, Machines, Tools, Processes
Operations Research/Decision Theory
- Buy this book on publisher's site