About this book
The groundbreaking documentary accompanying this book (visit extras.springer.com) is presented by Arthur C Clarke with music by David Gilmour of Pink Floyd. Introduced fifteen years ago, this brought the subject of fractals to the attention of the general public for the first time; since then it has been shown in over fifty countries around the world.
Contributors to the film are joined by other leading experts in this latest edition of ‘The Colours of Infinity’, a comprehensive survey of fractal theory and practice. Incorporating an additional chapter on the money markets by the fractal master himself, Professor Benoit Mandelbrot, the documentary has also been re-mastered providing stunning new fractal animations. A must read for anyone with an interest in the ‘beauty and power of fractals’.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84996-486-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics Mathematics and Statistics (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-84996-485-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-84996-486-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site