Table of contents
About this book
Rapid One-of-a-kind Product Development discusses research in the development of new enabling technologies for small and medium companies. Scientific advancements presented include a novel product data modelling scheme to model product design, manufacturability and knowledge under a common data object; customised product development in a distributed environment; and new adaptive scheduling methods for the optimal production of a wide variety of customised products, taking into consideration all of the possible changes from customers and the uncertainties in manufacturing.
The book also includes research towards a computer aided customer interface, which allows customer requirements and changes to be processed and integrated with technical designs in real time; adaptive and concurrent CAD methods and algorithms; and product modelling and system integration technologies. The reader will learn how to:
• translate customer requirements to technical attributes;
• develop new and innovative products to meet customer requirements and expectations;
• evaluate and optimise a project design;
• design production systems and use them efficiently; and
• manage a variety of customised products.
Rapid One-of-a-kind Product Development demonstrates how to develop new methods, tools and algorithms to address the problems in a mass customisation environment. It is a valuable source of information for researchers and engineers in the fields of design and manufacturing.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84996-341-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-84996-340-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-84996-341-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site