Table of contents
High Precision/Nano Actuators
Actuators for Special Environments
About this book
Actuators, which move and manipulate objects, are the key technological components for all modern science and technologies. The advent of new, outstanding actuators will bring innovation to a range of different areas – such as basic science, industry, medicine, welfare, and the global environment – and in this way will provide us with a better quality of life.
Next-Generation Actuators Leading Breakthroughs is the proceedings of the final symposium of MEXT Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Priority Areas: Next-Generation Actuators Leading Breakthroughs, held in January 2010.
This project pursues the realization of next-generation actuators and accumulates the common basic technologies for actuators, with a view to possible future applications. Since the realization of next-generation actuators requires an interdisciplinary approach, the research has been organized according to a broad technological perspective that consists of:
• actuators for small motion of nano-meters;
• small-size actuators of micro-meters structures;
• intelligent actuators for functional motions;
• power actuators for large force/torque; and
• actuators for special environments.
Next-Generation Actuators Leading Breakthroughs also deals with common fundamental technologies for these actuators, such as intelligent materials, machining processes, control technologies, evaluation methods, and system integration. It provides cutting-edge research for researchers, postgraduates, and practitioners in mechanical, electrical, and materials industries.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84882-991-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-84882-990-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-84882-991-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site