About this book
The rapid advancement in chemical vapour deposition (CVD) technology has reached many fields of application, including thin film coating, microelectronics and communications. Chemical Vapour Deposition: An Integrated Engineering Design for Advanced Materials focuses on the application of this technology to engineering coatings and, in particular, to the manufacture of high performance materials, such as fibre reinforced ceramic composite materials, for structural applications at high temperatures.
While previous discourses on CVD have had a tendency to focus solely on electronics, this book aims to provide a thorough exploration of the design and applications of advanced materials, and their manufacture in engineering. It addresses a wide range of topics related to CVD theories and applications. From physical fundamentals and principles, to optimisation of processing parameters and other current practices, this book is designed to guide readers through the development of both high performance materials and the design of CVD systems to manufacture such materials.
Chemical Vapour Deposition: An Integrated Engineering Design for Advanced Materials introduces integrated design and manufacture of advanced materials to researchers, industrial practitioners, postgraduates and senior undergraduate students. It also features a large body of appendices to provide references for further study.
The Engineering Materials and Processes series focuses on all forms of materials and the processes used to synthesise and formulate them as they relate to the various engineering disciplines. The series deals with a diverse range of materials: ceramics; metals (ferrous and non-ferrous); semiconductors; composites, polymers, biomimetics etc. Each monograph in the series is written by a specialist and demonstrates how enhancements in materials and the processes associated with them can improve performance in the field of engineering in which they are used.
- Book Title Chemical Vapour Deposition
- Book Subtitle An Integrated Engineering Design for Advanced Materials
- Series Title Engineering Materials and Processes
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84882-894-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-84882-893-3
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-2550-1
- eBook ISBN 978-1-84882-894-0
- Series ISSN 1619-0181
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 342
- Number of Illustrations 218 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Manufacturing, Machines, Tools, Processes
Materials Science, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site