About this book
The selection and performance of insulated cables in electrical grids is a vital part of electric power transmission, but is often neglected in favour of a focus on technological construction. EHV AC Undergrounding Electrical Power discusses new methods of analysis for cable performance and for the network behaviour of cable, mixed and overhead lines. It uses capability charts throughout, to offer the reader a clear visual representation of transmission line performances.
The authors discuss the technically computed undergrounding of electrical power and develop original procedures based on the classical equations of transmission lines. They also provide technical and economical comparisons of a variety of cables and analysis methods, in order to examine the performance of AC power transmission systems. A range of important topics are covered, including:
• energization and de-energization phenomena of transmission lines;
• power quality; and
• cable safety constraints.
EHV AC Undergrounding Electrical Power is an original guide on cable insertion planning and the operation of power networks. It will enable readers to make detailed performance comparisons between power transmission systems, which will be valuable for postgraduates, as well as engineers involved in power cable manufacturing or electrical transmission systems.
- Book Title EHV AC Undergrounding Electrical Power
- Book Subtitle Performance and Planning
- Series Title Power Systems
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84882-867-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-84882-866-7
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-2553-2
- eBook ISBN 978-1-84882-867-4
- Series ISSN 1612-1287
- Series E-ISSN 1860-4676
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 175
- Number of Illustrations 153 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Power Electronics, Electrical Machines and Networks
- Buy this book on publisher's site