About this book
Coloproctology is an essential aid for those who need a practical understanding of particularly complex procedures in this specialty.
Edited and authored by outstanding surgeons in their fields, this book brings the reader expertise in surgery and management across the various conditions encountered in colorproctology, from Sigmoid Diverticulitis to colorectal cancer.
Didactic in its approach, this book is key reading for trainees in coloproctology as well as senior surgical coloproctologists who wish to extend their knowledge of this important field.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Coloproctology
Andrew P. Zbar
Steven D. Wexner
- Series Title Springer Specialist Surgery Series
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Specialist Surgery Series
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-84882-756-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-84882-755-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-2543-3
- eBook ISBN 978-1-84882-756-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 221
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:
“This concise book explores the most technically difficult and debatable aspects of colon and rectal surgery. … It is targeted at residents in training and practicing surgeons, but, in my estimation, the most appropriate audience is practicing colon and rectal specialists. … This is an excellent reference, providing expert opinion and relevant and current references in addressing … most advanced issues in colorectal surgery. I will use this as a starting point in tackling the most difficult problems my patients present.” (John C. Byrn, Doody’s Review Service, June, 2010)
“Edited and written by a team of experts in their respective fields with 57 illustrations this is essentially an educational manual with an algorithm approach and valuable reading for trainees in coloproctology … . The editors set out to address some of the most difficult and controversial problems as well as new areas of development for practitioners of colorectal surgery. It will be invaluable as a reference source and guide for those who are seeking practical information about complex procedures.” (ICS News, Vol. 7 (1), January, 2011)